CinEd is a European cooperation program dedicated to cinema education. Its objective is to help the greatest possible number of European youths aged 6 to 19 discover European cinema.
CinEd aims at providing privileged access to European cinema and its wealth of films, and to teach young people about its cultural and linguistic diversity, developing their critical analysis skills and learning cinematographic techniques and language.
The mission of CinEd is to welcome new beneficiaries, associated relays as well as new partners from other countries every year, in order to develop and enhance its collection of European films, reach as many young people as possible, and become a long-lasting program.
Currently the CinEd consortium is constituted of 15 partners and associated partners from 11 countries:
- Cinemateca Portuguesa – Museu do Cinema (Portugal, project leader)
- CINEMA ARTA (Romania)
- Asociace českých filmových klubů – AČFK (Czech Republic)
- Cinémathèque française (France)
- IhmeFilmi (Finland)
- Association Meno Avilys (Litthuania)
- GET Cooperativa sociale (Italy)
- Arte Urbana Collectif (Bulgaria)
- Os Filhos de Lumière – Associação Cultural (Portugal)
- Associació A Bao A Qu (Spain)
- Contrasens Cultural Association (Romania)
- MOG Technologies SA (Portugal)
- DFF – Deutsches Filminstitut & Filmmuseum e.V (Germany)
- Udruga Bacaci Sjenki – Shadow Casters (Croatia)
- DEUTSCHE FILMAKADEMIE (Germany)
- A digital platform to organize public screenings
- A collection of European films selected for a young audience
- Teaching materials to accompany the screenings
- Trainings and activities with young people
More information on the official website of CinEd.
CinEd is co-funded by the European Union’s Creative Europe/MEDIA programme.
The project is funded by “Culture” Programme of Sofia Municipality.